Thursday, January 16, 2014

Love Day Wreaths!!

I am back people!!
It has been almost a year since I last blogged! It is time for me to stop being lazy and to get back to what I love.
It is Love Day time. Which means I get to make some wreaths for my doors.
We have moved to a new city and the house we are renting has two doors. A front door and a side door.
What does this mean?
I get to have twice as much fun as before!
This year, with the help of Pinterest and some divine inspiration we have two very different wreaths.
The red one is my favorite. I was walking through Joann's and having a hard time coming up with any sort of inspiration for this project. I looked over and
There was a square, metal wreath frame.
A picture popped into my head.
I probably looked like a crazy lady to the people around me cause I just started darting everywhere in the store.
To make it I bought red felt by the yard. I bought 3 yards of felt. I had extra but hey...
Better to have too much than not enough!
Now to the cutting. I just cut about 8 inch by 1.5 inch strips. It is a totally random number, that is just the size that looked good to my eye.
Fun part now.
Pick a good TV show on Netflix, grab a comfy spot with lots of room, your favorite beverage on hand, and
start tying!!
I crammed as many as I could fit on that baby! A full knot is not needed, half a square not is good. The felt holds to itself pretty well.
Keep knotting until you get a nice full square.
It still looks a tad nekkid to me. I didn't want to overdo it so a simple burlap ribbon bow was just the thing.
Attach wherever you like and
"Beautiful, Gorgeous, Wish you were here!!"
The Side Door Wreath:
I had 2 balls of pink yarn. I am currently trying to depleat my yarn supply. The bucket is too full, and they always unravel only to make a giant ball of mess.
Drives me nuts.
Back to the project!
A 14 inch foam wreath, 2 balls of leftover pink yarn, gray and smoky gray felt squares, pink buttons, a glue gun, a strip of unbleached muslin, red marker, red and white bakers twine and a ribbon to hang it with.
I wrapped the wreath until I was out of yarn. I always do the first layer pretty even to cover the foam. After that I just wrap trying to make sure they stay realtively even.
I like the look of the string showing.
For the flowers I went on Pinterest and looked up felt flowers. I copied a bunch of patterns and made up a few of my own. For the crocheted flowers I did the same thing.

I scrounged through my pink buttons and found some to glue in the middle for some color.
For the banner I just free handed some pennants out of unbleached muslin.
 The bakers twine was put on a needle and I just wove the needle through the fabric, wrapped the ends around the wreath and secured it with a pin.
Sharpie love for the letters.

Hope you like them.
I promise to keep them coming!
My goal is to
You get the drift!