Friday, May 13, 2011

I Spy: Homemade Edition

So, over at 
she posts an I Spy activity every week. This week is handmade edition. 
Here is the Heiner version!

I don't know when I became obsessed with "H"s but suddenly I had tons of them everywhere in the house. 


It started with this lawn chair. It is one of those metal ones that bounce. I love it. There were at least 5 coats of paint on it. I painted it green to match the house and put an H on it.



At the end of the hallway it is dark. (waiting for hubby to install a plug) so I decorated it with black and white "H"s.
It is still a work in progress. Whenever I am out I search out cool designs.



On a day when all the kids were in school, you know those times when you can actually just stroll and look at all the good stuff in the stores. I visited a local antique store. They had a bin full of real silver silverware. I tried to pick out the most unique designs. The frame is from the thrift store and the fabric is from my stash. Please ignore the wall. It has been patched but not painted...yet.


Ok, so technically the sign isn't handmade. I found it at Hobby Lobby but the letters hanging from it are handpainted :). They are the kiddos initials. I have had the wooden letters hanging around for forever and finally when I saw those 4 pegs I figured what the heck!! Now everyone who comes to the house knows where the loo is!


One of my favorite handmade projects is this Jesus and Joseph Smith cross stitches. I made these a long time ago and never had anywhere to put them. Honestly I was scared to cut them to put them in the frame. It was a lot of work and the thought of messing it up by cutting them wrong scared the crud outta me! 


This is my most recent handmade lovely. My spring wreath. It is hanging on the door and finally spring has found it's way here. I love the bright colors against the white. 
 If anyone has ideas for a patriotic something for my front door, leave a comment with a link.



Here is my handmade mess! My sewing table. I always start out clean but it very rarely stays that way.

5 comments:

  1. Love your little cross-stitches, I love a little kitsch like that!

    Blue Skies,
    Charlotte xo

    blueskiesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did you attach the silverware to the fabric/frame? I've been wanting to do this with my son's silver baby spoons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A dab of hot glue on the spots that touch the backing is how I attached the silverware. No one touches it so I figured that it would hold up for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Thankful for your backing; committed to producing top-tier content for robust backlinks."49ers faithful hoodie

    ReplyDelete