Friday, February 25, 2011

St. Paddy's Day Wreath

Our door is naked after Valentine's Day. 
I have decided to be more industrious and make something for the door each holiday. 
(I cheated and bought the heart day decor). 
First I found a styrofoam wreath, some ribbon on sale and some gold coins.
See my stash from the sale at Joann's this weekend!

I tried to wrap the ribbons together but that didn't work for me. In all my need for them to be spaced perfectly I wrapped the dark green grosgrain ribbon first, it took a spool and a half, and then the lighter ribbon using a ruler to evenly space it all out.

From my deep, dark drawer of felt I found some green to make some flowers. I also learned that taking pictures at night are not the best idea in the world. They always come out yellow.
Anyhoo...

 Here is the finished product out on the front door. I lurve it. It was fun and easy to make. 
The most expensive part was the wreath. It was $4.99. I had the felt, the light ribbon I found in the dollar bin, and the dark ribbon I used my handy dandy coupons. I did splurge on the gold coins, but that was $2.99 for 20. Multiple projects my friends! Overall cost??? I would say around 10 bucks. Not bad I say.
This picture I just have to share so you can see that it is snowing... again
More St. Patrick's Day crafts are in the works so keep an eye out!

3 comments: