Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sean's Birthday Cake

Having your birthday on Christmas Eve can't be fun.
We try to make the day special for Sean. 
He always picks his cake. 
Sometimes it is a design and other times it is a flavor.
This time it was a little of both.
I found it on Pinterest...of course.
I found the recipe here.
It looked so good, I just had to try it. 
When I looked up the recipe...well lets just say the butter content would 
make Paula Deen proud!!
It is a caramel apple cake.
The inside is an applesauce cake, the frosting is caramel buttercream, and there is caramel sauce between the 3 layers and on the top. 
There is a stick for the caramel apple effect and chopped peanuts pressed on the side. 
It was tasty!
Happy Birthday Sean!!

Tip Junkie handmade projects
Made in a Day
HookingupwithHoHBWS tips button

3 comments:

  1. LOL that is so fun, and the birthday boy looks very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky, this crafting bucket is fabulous. What an excellent idea. You are too clever. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete